Struts>LAA Strut>Web Struts & Poll

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

mikehallam

Struts>LAA Strut>Web Struts & Poll

Post by mikehallam » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:53 pm

The Hangar Chat 'sticky' refers one to another section for a 'Poll'

BUT in the same sub sub section there's also a faltering discussion on the how/if/why's etc. of an LAA web based "Strut".

Worth reading and responding if you really care, whichever way you think.

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Not sure why you think it's faltering Mike. I think people understand the issues. We are just waiting to see if there is a mandate. At the moment there isn't with only 29 people interested enough to vote, 3 of those against the idea.

For those of use keen to set up a virtual strut for remote members it may be better to do something on our own. Just changes the request to EC to one of setting up a strut not developing this BB. Web space costs small change nowadays.

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:40 pm

Steve,

You are quite right of course. I just felt due to the way postings lurk in the BB layout, the original site seeking votes and offering comments had been a bit obscured so I actively sought to redirect floating surfers.

However taking up your alternative theme; once outside the LAA BB forum a separate group may never recruit sufficient new members unless of course from time to time the LAA/BMAA/Prrune etc. sites allow 'adverts' posts to get others to have a look & join. The PFA/LAA is already finding recruitment a problem, as I gather is the BMAA ! Thus only aggressive surfers would seek and find a new group whatever handle it had, finally it would, I suspect, have zilch clout .

I regret that despite the original flurry of pent up demand for a "Strut" expressed on the BB, judging from the present inability beyond 29 individuals to vote, at this stage it's hard to justify. Personally I'd be amongst the first to join.

The best way forward is to use the BB actively to recruit members and also to get our LAA to fairlly adjust the rules in line with current methods.

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:47 pm

The proposal to form a virtual strut was made at yesterday's NC meeting at Turweston. I am pleased to report a positive result.

NC have voted to request:

"The EC approve a virtual strut based on the LAA Bulletin Board"

The vote was passed by an overwhelming majority. There was 1 objection.

10 of those voting in favour were the EC members at the meeting including the LAA chairman and both vice chairmen so it should pass without difficulty at the next EC meeting.

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:14 am

Steve has reminded all who are [or were] interested enough to persuade him a Web Strut was supported by enough people, to come forth.

See the vigorous debate on the LAA Strut link.

The posts are being snapped up by power hungry web crazy fiends.

Best for more sane folk to step in & save the sitution PDQ.