feb 08 mag

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

leiafee

Post by leiafee » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:38 pm

For what it's worth I'm not a homebuilder (although I may need to add a "yet" to that given the lean of my daydreams lately) but enjoy reading the engineering articles.

But then I always was one of those kids who had to know How Things Worked, so maybe that explains it. :wink:

Bob F

Post by Bob F » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Brian,

Good to hear we will be expanding content to include the "wider audience", which was one of the reasons put forward for the name change.

Encompassing is the word, whether homebuilts or production-line. As long as it's light aviation, let's cover it.

Bob F

Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown » Mon May 05, 2008 8:58 am

Brian - Just to say I received my May Mag on Sat 3rd May - excellent timing so you have clearly sorted the external printer & distribution problems you were seeking to resolve.

A great read again, especially (even for a canard composite man) the Over the Hedge stuff ref the Plumbs' inspiring bit on a new angle on trainspotting , the salutory precis of the Safety Evening, and Dave Mickleburg's article on designing building and flying his own design aircraft with another on the way (what mould did his wife come from ? - it is clearly very valuable!!!). Fantastic what people can achieve when they are allowed to. Dave is clearly very unassuming and his silent achievment of producing an electronic ignition system along the way should be recognised too. Just loved the darkened opponent / PFA ping pong analogy.

Malcolm McBride's article was excellent too - very informative, show LAA Engineering in a good flexible and can-do light all coupled with a great writing style.

Good too to see new CEO intro / photo / email address.

So thanks.....again.
Regards
Steve