Somewhere to build Jabiru J430

Anything in particular you are after? Anything you want to sell under £100?

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

malcolm frost

Somewhere to build Jabiru J430

Post by malcolm frost » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 am

I'm currently 85 pages into the build, but it's stalled, mainly because I need more space. A small industrial unit/large garage/hangar would work. Happy to share.
I'm in Hindhead, SW Surrey, within 5 miles would be good.

Phantm

Re: Somewhere to build Jabiru J430

Post by Phantm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi Malcolm.....

Sorry I am not able to help you with your sethe arch for a small workshop, but thought I would ask you a question seeing as you live in Surrey.

I have recently moved to Kingston Upon Thames and shortly may be moving to Woking area.
Previously I lived in the Midlands and kept my RV6 at a nice quiet gliding strip not far from my home. Now I am in busy Surrey, I am searching for a suitable strip or airfield where I can keep my plane and fly from without too many restrictions. Unfortunately I would not consider parking out in the open and think I must find somewhere with hangarage or perhaps space where I could erect a small personal hangar. It really needs to be within 1 hours driving from my home otherwise I know that it would take up too much of my time travelling.

I just thought that in building your Jabiru, you must have thought a little about where you are going to house and fly it once it is finished. Just maybe you have found a really nice airfield or farm strip tucked away somewhere and may be prepeared to share your info ???

I know this is a bit of a hopeful request, but you have to try somewhere !!

Many Thanks,

David Millar
[email protected]

malcolm frost wrote:I'm currently 85 pages into the build, but it's stalled, mainly because I need more space. A small industrial unit/large garage/hangar would work. Happy to share.
I'm in Hindhead, SW Surrey, within 5 miles would be good.
David Millar

malcolm frost

Re: Somewhere to build Jabiru J430

Post by malcolm frost » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 am

Hi David
Sorry for slow reply, I don't visit here very often....
What you're looking for is pretty sparse around Woking other than the obvious candidates. People with strips tend to keep them very quiet, it's amazing how many you notice just flying around!
I currently fly at Popham, but any hangarage gets taken very quickly.
I have found a workshop though, so hopefully next spring!!
Sorry to be not much help, I'm not holding back!