Trailer to move Jodel wing - wanted

Anything in particular you are after? Anything you want to sell under £100?

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Pete Turton

Trailer to move Jodel wing - wanted

Post by Pete Turton » Sun May 25, 2014 11:53 pm

I have to move a Jodel wing and fuselage from a farm strip in Cheshire to Sleap in Shropshire. I intend to use two supports to suspend the wing Leading edge pointing down - already built these... So basically looking for a flat bed trailer 20 - 25 feet long. I'd prefer to borrow/rent rather than buy. Interested in any information. Please send me a PM. Thanks

ColinC

Re: Trailer to move Jodel wing - wanted

Post by ColinC » Tue May 27, 2014 9:03 am

Hi,

did the same job a few weeks ago.

Have pm'd you with some info and a possible contact, but I the trailer was not mine so I can't help with that aspect.

Have you considered using a vehicle recovery firm? We have had a number of RV's arrive for assembly on the back of vehicle transporters.

regards,

Colin
Colin Cheese

G.Dawes

Post by G.Dawes » Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 pm

I had the same problem with my D112 wing and I borrowed a trailer from the local gliding club. It was not the usual type of enclosed super fit trailer but a long open girder thing with odd wheels???
It had two long rails quite high up and the wing fitted across a frame I made of 2X4 and sat on the wing bolts through the frame with a smaller frame at each end to stop the wing rocking end the end it was stood up on the leading edge with four adustable tie rods to stop it falling sideways off the trailer.
contact me on 07790808243 and I will try and send photos of the move by email/
Graham Dawes

Pete Turton

Post by Pete Turton » Tue May 27, 2014 11:54 pm

Colin/Graham

Thanks so much for your responses. I'll call each of you tomorrow.

Thanks

Pete