WANTED: Brake Linings / Shoes to fit 4" Drum Brakes

Anything in particular you are after? Anything you want to sell under £100?

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Gary Hancox

WANTED: Brake Linings / Shoes to fit 4" Drum Brakes

Post by Gary Hancox » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 pm

I am after some replacement brake shoes / linings to fit 4" drum brakes. These brakes are very small (off an old kart I think) and the shoes have a width of only 3/4" (1.9cm).

Cheers

Gary

Andrew Leak

Post by Andrew Leak » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:51 am

Probably a bit too far for you, but I got my SIPA brake linings made from scratch with the help of Kimber Frictions, Southampton. There is a chap there who makes them specially to order and I don't think there is a brake shoe or pad he can't manufacture. You might like to try a similar company locally to yourself as I stumbled across this one by chance.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

G-AWMN

Post by G-AWMN » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Not sure if this helps but for many years I have been using "Saftek" to re line the brake shoes of vintage motorcycles. They offer a range of materials. I send the old shoes by post with a cheque. They strip off the old linning and then thoroughly clean the shoes, then new linings are bonded and baked into place. Never had a problem and oftain had re-lined shoes returned in 3 days.

Stuart

http://www.saftek.co.uk

Gary Hancox

Post by Gary Hancox » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I have found a company selling old motorcycle brake shoes, and have found some the right size...as to whether they will fit properly, well, we'll see. If that fails, I will get the current ones relined.

All the best.

Gary

Somebody....please make it stop raining!!!