Three Continental C85 Cylinders need a good home.

Anything in particular you are after? Anything you want to sell under £100?

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

RichardMaxted

Three Continental C85 Cylinders need a good home.

Post by RichardMaxted » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 am

After having my No 2 cylinder fail in flight we ( my inspector and I ) puller all four of my Continental C85-12F engine. With the price of new cylinders it made sense to do a complete replacement.

So I am now the proud owner of 2 good ( book time since 2007 rebuild is 300 hours) condition and 1 fair condition cylinders. Also one with a hole punched right through the cylinder head..... The fair condition unit needs a careful look at the extent to which valve lapping on the exhaust is feasible. With them are the serviceable valves, springs etc but not rockers etc that go back into a new set. They come with pistons and what we think are pretty good condition rings etc. We lightly greased them up externally for storage.

I am happy for any prospective purchaser to talk to my inspector and get an honest ( and more expert) assessment of the work required- we didn't get beyond a good clean before going the new cylinder route.

At the moment they are stored inside at home and so, if someone can make use of them for a project, it feels a better use than simply wasting away here. I am told £200 is a fair price but make me an offer. They will come in the boxes used for the new cylinders or you are welcome to visit and choose the one you like ! If not too far from York I may even deliver rather than faff about with postage.
Richard Maxted