Propeller wanted

Anything in particular you are after? Anything you want to sell under £100?

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Ken Fern

Propeller wanted

Post by Ken Fern » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:53 am

A friend of mine who builds new bodies for vintage cars in Ash and Aluminium also builds specials as his hobby using old aero engines. His latest creation is a racer using a Curtis OX-5 which looks fantastic. His next project is a replica of one of the French Aero cars which used an aero engine with a shrouded propeller on the front. he has already acquired a Blackburn thrush engine and is looking for a propeller. I said I would make him one but as we don't know how much thrust he needs etc he asked me to try and find him some old props he can do tests with.
I would stress that these aero engines he uses are none airworthy as have had things like crankcases welded up etc and new parts made by my friend. The Blackburn was missing all the valve gear but we managed to borrow a set off old Warden and my friend made new ones on his lathe etc, very talented.
Anyway after all that we are looking for any un serviceable VW propellers if anyone has any they would like to pass on. the original cars used 4 bladed props but these were 2 off 2 bladed props together.
Many thanks.
Ken.