Higher spec Brake fluid

Anything in particular you are after? Anything you want to sell under £100?

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Steve Brown

Higher spec Brake fluid

Post by Steve Brown » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Is anyone interested in purchasing some AeroShell 31 Fluid / MIL-PRF-83282?

This is the higher spec & higher flash point (400 deg F) version of the standard red AeroShell 41 brake / hydraulic fluid (flash point 275 deg F!!) / 5606 which catches fire more easily.

AeroShell Fluid 31 is recommended for use in aircraft, ordnance, and missile systems operating from -40C to +205C . This fluid should be considered for use in auto pilots, shock absorbers, brakes, flight control systems, hydraulic servo-controlled systems and other systems using synthetic elastomer seals.

AeroShell Fluid 41 is intended as a hydraulic fluid in all modern aircraft applications requiring a mineral hydraulic fluid. AeroShell Fluid 41 is particularly recommended where use of a "superclean" fluid can contribute to improvements in component reliability, and can be used in aircraft systems operating unpressurised between -54C to 90C and pressurized between -54C to 135C.

Shell only do it in gallon drums though, which is far more than I need and I propose buying some & reselling the excess I don't need in 1L lots at cost price.

PM me if interested with your contact details and likely desired quantity.

Regards
Steve