Finding inspector in Bristol area?!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Lonnynerdgas

Finding inspector in Bristol area?!

Post by Lonnynerdgas » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 pm

I am new to all this and was hoping to reconnect with the passion I once felt for basic flying before I went off and became an Airline pilot. Now retirement calls and I have my finger hovering over an order for a Vans quick build kit. I obviously would be ill-advised to order without an Inspector on board.
Sadly I cannot find a single inspector so far who is free or able to cover my build in Bristol . I appreciate this is a labour of love for designated inspectors....but does anyone have any suggestions as to someone who might be able to help?
Thanks
Bill Sweetnam

Nick Allen

Re: Finding inspector in Bristol area?!

Post by Nick Allen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:23 pm

You've checked the map of inspectors on the website?

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... isting.php

(Apologies if that is teaching you to suck egg...but you did say you were new to this!)

dmcnicholl

Post by dmcnicholl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Good luck with that map. Out of interest I entered my own postcode and got this:
Unfortunately we could not locate any inspectors in the area you requested (IV19 XXX).
We have used NN13 5YD instead.
[edit] Oops. There are instructions on how to use? Who reads instructions? Well, maybe I should in future. Apologies.
Last edited by dmcnicholl on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald McNicholl

Nick Allen

Post by Nick Allen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:15 pm

For the list of inspectors, you enter the county postcode, e.g. NN for Northants, OX for Oxford -- that works fine. Or use the map, linked further down the page, which centres the map on the first part of the postcode, e.g. NN13. It doesn't recognise full postcodes. (I'm tempted to say that you just need to follow the instructions... :D -- it's not perfect, but does the job.)

Lonnynerdgas

Post by Lonnynerdgas » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Well many thanks for the advice.....indeed I have followed the guide to the letter and approached every inspector within striking distance and with only one hopeful left ( presently on hols and 40 mins drive away in any event) have come up with a blank so far...
So if anyone would like to pm me with an actual name of someone who might be prepared to go the distance I would be more than grateful.
Thanks
Bill Sweetnam

Lonnynerdgas

Post by Lonnynerdgas » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Found one!!! :D
Thanks to those who replied!
Bill Sweetnam