Permit Renewal Excellent Service

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

David Lewendon

Permit Renewal Excellent Service

Post by David Lewendon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:46 pm

A word of thanks to the folk in the permit renewals office.

I posted my renewal paperwork off last Thursday and received the new laminated permit in the post on Saturday.

This is very much appreciated as the weather was fine on Sunday and I could fly.

Thank you

David

Alan George

Re: Permit Renewal Excellent Service

Post by Alan George » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:26 pm

I posted my permit renewal application on Monday 6 Nov and the permit came back in the post on Friday 10 Nov. An excellent service and in time for the weekend. So far it does not look like the weather is flyable but I am happy nonetheless.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:51 am

Yes I agree the permit revalidation turnaround is excellent, but why wait until it has all but run out before renewing? If there happened to be a problem with your renewal then you'd be permit-less until it is resolved. It's better to send in your application early - your revalidation can be dated up to a month early with no loss of validity, i.e. it would still expire 12 months after the current one runs out. That gives time to solve an issues and takes pressure off you and the office.
Have a great year's flyingI

RichardMaxted

Post by RichardMaxted » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Have to agree my permit came back in a very quick time. Also have to mention the good folks who turned around my MOD7 for the radio in very quick time.
Richard Maxted

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Standard Permit renewal is always an absolute breeze. Similarly my membership. I could swear I only did it over the weekend (online) and there it was in this morning's post. Fantastic!

But.

Can we please have a sytem introduced so that anything out of the ordinary doesn't depend upon the presence in the office of one person? It's a real choke point.