ALL MEMBERS ! Please fill out those proxy forms..!!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

samrutherford

Re: The Importance of Voting at OUR AGM .

Post by samrutherford » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:25 pm

I sent my proxy vote by email to the LAA office, received a receipt confirmation.

Trevor Harvey

Post by Trevor Harvey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:26 pm

This must be the most distasteful, miserable, grubby thread subject of all time.
Yet we have to endure it, fight it, live with it until it's over.
What a way to look forward to an AGM and what the future of the LAA might be!

Alan Kilbride

Post by Alan Kilbride » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:37 pm

I for one am dreading the AGM. I will be going, because no beggar is going to stop me listening to the invited speaker and hearing how well the LAA has done last year and what we will be doing on the future.

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Let’s lighten the mood by dressing up.

Last edited by Paul Catanach on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Kilbride

Post by Alan Kilbride » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Fancy dress at the AGM anyone?

jangiolini

Post by jangiolini » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:24 pm

I have posted my proxy vote I will wait and see what happens!!
John Angiolini

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Brian Hope wrote: Stewart Jackson's details need amending on the website,.
I'm sure they soon will be .

L21-B

Post by L21-B » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:35 pm

My vote has been sent with no change from 2016.
Jeffrey Owen

Tracey Curtis-Taylor

Post by Tracey Curtis-Taylor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:41 pm

‘It’s an ambush’ writes one enraged participant on this string; ‘and I hate my association being used in this way’. Indeed: we shouldn’t be in the situation we are now in.

So imagine how I felt in 2016 to discover just before the LAA AGM that it was being used for the culmination of months of nasty social media abuse against me. 75% of those who attended the meeting and heard me speak voted against a hostile and personal motion but it passed by virtue of an unprecedented volume of proxy votes. A post of 02 October 2018 on this forum indicates how that could be accomplished.

My statement has gone out, along with Stewart’s. In the light of subsequent posts, I merely add the following:
• You will find in the Minutes of the LAA Board of 23 September 2016 that the hostile motion was written by the Chairman. Stewart and I argue that he did not deal with this sorry saga with appropriate impartiality. True, an in-house report produced in April 2018 found his actions beyond reproach; unfortunately it has been kept secret, with no indication of the evidence or reasoning that led to this conclusion.
• In a letter of 17 January 2018 the Chairman did indeed suggest that if I wasn’t happy with my treatment, I should bring the motion. This was in response to repeated requests not that the vote be overturned but that the processes which led to it be reviewed. Yes, they came from a solicitor and yes, they were eye-wateringly expensive. Does anyone who has a solicitor write a letter thereby have a ‘legal team’? Don’t be silly.
• The Woodhams Award is not a competitive prize, it’s an accolade. Even if the allegations against me were true (and they are not), the 2016 motion was petty and vindictive.

I appreciate the Secretary’s action in proposing a motion restoring the Woodhams Award and thereby complementing Stewart’s, and hope you will support both. Though I am prepared to defend myself against foul accusations, do bear in mind that neither motion is about what I did or didn’t do; they are about the manner in which the LAA conducted itself.

jangiolini

Post by jangiolini » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Well Ms Curtis-Taylor, I am completely taken aback by your attempts to overturn a democratically decided issue the motion was voted on by the members and proxy votes are part of the way voting is done. You obviously dont like the outcome but to try to bully, coerce or use some other strong arm tactic on the Chairman or the Board is totally undemocratic and amounts subversive actions.
You even tried to enforce your will on the Chairman by using and I quote "a solicitor and yes, they were eye-wateringly expensive" your words.
I am not normally taken to posting on this forum but I am incensed at your audacity and cheek to suggest that the the LAA has conducted itself in anything but a democratic and honourable way.
My suspicion is you are not going to get your own way again no matter how hard you try and if anything you are just increasing the resolve of the many to make it so.

You may think I am a misogynist but I have many friends who are female aviators who I have encouraged and helped into their careers in aviation, I work with and mentor many female ambulance staff on their way to becoming Paramedics. I am sure most if not all of them would confirm I am not a misogynist
John Angiolini

L21-B

Post by L21-B » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Ms Curtis-Taylor

I do hope that whatever the final vote of the LAA 2018 AGM reveals you resign your membership from the LAA and never be associated with it again, your principles do not reflect the core foundations of the LAA.
Jeffrey Owen

RichardMaxted

Post by RichardMaxted » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:10 am

I do wonder if this hasn't moved beyond the award of an award. Have we now reached a point where, in their own, acknowledged, and repeated words, an individual has actively attempted to bring the reputation of the LAA into disrepute. In such cases are there sanctions ?
Richard Maxted

samrutherford

Post by samrutherford » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:33 am

"Though I am prepared to defend myself against foul accusations, do bear in mind that neither motion is about what I did or didn’t do; they are about the manner in which the LAA conducted itself."

1. We look forward to your responses to the accusations (many of which are in this thread). Dependent your replies will determine whether they are foul or fair. We have seen precious few (no) answers so far - just a lot of noise.

2. The LAA has conducted itself perfectly correctly throughout - trying to make this vote about them looks suspiciously like deflection. Fundamentally these motions are about the manner in which you have conducted yourself.

PaulSS

Post by PaulSS » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:24 am

....do bear in mind that neither motion is about what I did or didn’t do; they are about the manner in which the LAA conducted itself.
True, an in-house report produced in April 2018 found his actions beyond reproach
Question asked and answered. Next!

Do you really want to go throwing stones in the greenhouse of evidence and reports being kept secret?

You didn't deserve the award in the first place. It was removed because the majority of voters i.e. not your in-meeting stooges, agreed that you didn't deserve it. You've done nothing in the interim to convince anyone that they voted incorrectly in the first place and you still don't deserve it.
Paul Simmonds-Short

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 am

Tracey Curtis-Taylor wrote: Indeed: we shouldn’t be in the situation we are now in.
........................and we wouldn't be either had you not gone and dug it all up again at the beginning of September........