National Licensing and Medical Exemptions expire on Wednesday 8 April 2020

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Clarkie

Re: National Licensing and Medical Exemptions expire on Wednesday 8 April 2020

Post by Clarkie » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:58 am

Chris - bureaucrats frequently do things that we don’t agree with and we don’t always see the reasons for that. Not coming to a decision is not ‘blocking’, is it? Why are they acting like spoiled children? Is the suggestion that they have not made a decision because they don’t like us, and only us? Are we the only country affected? If you can show that the lack of an EASA decision is intentional, and that intent is solely to mess with UK licence holders, I withdraw my comments. If not, I stand by them. More so.
Oh, and thanks for your slightly patronising history lesson. All I can say is that I have held a licence since pre-JAR days and having an EASA licence has personally been a boon. This medical issue is the tip of the iceberg of inconveniences that we are going to see in the next and subsequent years and it won’t be because of decisions they made. Once we leave EASA, the CAA will be free to apply whatever medical requirements they wish. Will the CAA be acting like spoiled children when they don’t re-introduce declarations for the UK National LAPL on January 1st? I’m sure they will do it, though. 🙄
Andrew Clarke