Covid-19 Lockdown

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

tnowak

Re: Covid-19 Lockdown

Post by tnowak » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 pm

I think it is more to do with complying with the spirit of the advice/legislation and also public perception.
Jo Public may wonder why a small light aircraft is flying overhead when the rest of the country has been told to avoid unnecessary journeys except for specific purposes etc.

Where I live there is the A31 bypass that connects a number of "attractive" roads frequented by motor cyclists.
This Sunday just gone, approx. every 20-30 minutes, I could hear screaming motorbikes doing high speed runs along the bypass. As no other noise around here it was very noticeable....
I doubt they were doing a run to the supermarket to stock up on toilet rolls!
As I said, it is all to do with public perception...
Tony
Tony Nowak

Flying John

Post by Flying John » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Then there is your 1 hour a month flight.

On a thread #Flyer there is a statement that says that the CAA consider this 1 hour flight as a reasonable excuse:-

The law says it is illegal to leave your home (not your house) without reasonable excuse. There is then a list (not exhaustive) of reasonable excuses. The CAA have said apparently that a need to run an engine and fly to preserve it is seen as a reasonable excuse.
John Luck

JMH

Post by JMH » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi John
Can't find on the Flyer forum where you found that bit about the CAA think that a 1 hr flight a month is essential? Which of the various C19 threads was it on, and was there a link to the CAA's words? It would be nice to hear it from the horses mouth!
Thanks
Jon
Jonathon Marten-Hale

JMH

Post by JMH » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Disregard John- email from CAA with details just arrived👍
J
Jonathon Marten-Hale