LAA Rally 2010

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

JonKil

Post by JonKil » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:18 pm

I would like the LAA to make a commitment now to a 2010 LAA national rally. Talk to the folk at Sywell and run it along the lines of this years event. Max trade stands, demonstrations, flea market but no bells and whistles that cost the earth. A national rally really promotes the LAA is a good light, but call it now and don't leave the membership asking and questioning it until next year.

Jon

Will Greenwood

Post by Will Greenwood » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:53 am

Well done and thank you to all involved in making the Sywell event a sucess, I had to drive up with the kids from Sussex and stayed locally overnight on Saturday. They enjoyed it, I saw alot of old friends, the little museum was worth a visit too. Hope a similar event goes ahead next year with a few more traders and facilities....BUT keep it simple !!

Will.

Mike Kemp

Post by Mike Kemp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 am

As one of the MKAS airside team I'm pleased with the acknowledgement shown of our efforts by so many visiting pilots ... we certainly had a good if not ardous w/e.

I & many others were saddened but not surprised by the lack of regonisition by certain quarters of the LAA of the efforts put in.

I would also like bring up that thorny issue "Regional Rallies", having been involved airside at Sherburn for the last 3yrs I have a small insight to their overheads. Number 1 is loo-hire, as these events could well be a local shop-window provision of sanitary conditions are paramount.

Airfield toilets range from excellent as at Sherburn to disgusting (which I won't name) but all are inadequate in number for large numbers of visitors. I suggest the executive consider providing a grant of £1,000/event to help get 4 maybe 5 Regional Ralies on a sound footing. Many pilots are unable to commit to long journey but local events are more manageable.

A huge vote of thanks to Mike Bletsoe-Brown, Jeff Bell for letting us all play on their patch of grass, Andre for co-ordinating the "workforce" & of course all those pilots who flew in to make the event.
Mike Kemp

Ian L

Post by Ian L » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 pm

It sounds as though everyone had a good time, I could not make it due to work commitments. If we have one next year (just listen to the clamour for it) can I ask the executive to decide early and let us know. I have to come a long way and need to organise holidays in good time.
I am sure that is the same for other people

Well done Sywell, Sherburn and the rest of the regionals for giving us a shot in the arm, I don't see why we should outgrow this format in the forseeable future.